Monday 30 March 2009

My Second Honors.....





For the nth time of the day, Shelu called me and reminded me that I should be present during the recognition day. She was also happy to inform me that his Lolo, my father, would be coming from Bansalan to pin her ribbons and put that medal on her neck. As you see, Shelu got the second honors. As she told me, she could have been the first honors had she submitted her homework early.

As I looked at her as she joyfully joins her classmates, I remember the days when my little princess was a very shy, reserved girl. When we used to live in England, her teachers really thought that this cute little girl is mute and deaf. She speaks English but when in the company of strangers, it is next to impossible to let her talk. It really took a long time before she would talk to her classmates. She even had her enrolled in the rainbow class. Rainbow class is a group of pupils that could not read and are considered slow learners. However, in few weeks, they learned that Shelu is a fast learner and the best reader in the class. Her teachers found out that she is just observing the things around her and once she felt secured, she turned out what ordinary girls like her would do.

As they fall in line in preparation for their entrance to their assigned seats, she couldn’t stop that smile in his face and constantly waving at me. I can feel her joy, her happiness that in her own little way, she brings happiness to her family by being an honor pupil. As they walked towards their seat, she waved at me once more as they passed by the bench where I am sitting.

As they took their seats, they giggled, chuckled, laughed... maybe that’s how their cute little girls act when they are with their friends. They seem to be very busy with nothing. They stand, they run, they sit, they simply do anything and they really find it difficult to settle down.

As her name was called, I heard the loud applause from her classmates, parents, and teachers. But deep within me, the applause is louder. To see my little princess received her medal from their principal in the stage and hand it to her Lolo for pinning is everything for me. I couldn’t ask for more. I just close my eyes and said a little prayer of God’s blessing when He gave this little angel.

As other people are getting busy with their own too, I look forward to the days that she will grow up and will have her own family too. God bless her. She is one of my inspirations to work harder in order to give them the best education I could have for them.

We end the day with where else, but Jollibee. I hate this place, their food, their service. I hate everything in this restaurant but the kids loved them. In this time, kids rule. It is my way of giving them recognition of the things they have done.

She, my cute little angel, keep up the good work...

No comments: